Hi everyone in this tutorial im going to show you How To Migrate Your Existing Blogger Blog To WordPress.For this you have to get hosting as we already know WordPress is self hosted there are several services which provide Hosting for free the best among those is 000webhost but i dont suggest you free hosting because it may have downtimes or your site will load very slow and many more disadvantages will be there.If you are totally new to Blogging then get a free hosting and get to know all basics by starting a small blog and then create a professional one or switch the existing to paid SSD hosting.There are many paid hostings in that BlueHost is the best hosting provider.It is also cheap.If you like any other hosting then tell me about those in comments section.Get upto 20-30% off on buying hosting with Hostgator
Migrating From Blogger To WordPress :
After buying the hosting or getting free hosting from 000webhost we will move to the next step.Setting up the WordPress.You have to link up your hosting to WordPress and this can be done easily with through FTP.There is no need of creating any account in wordpress everything will be done during the setup.Follow The Steps Below
- Download WordPress Files From Here
- Extract It In Your PC
- Upload All These Files To Public_html folder of your hosting and open the domain link which you have linked to your hosting.For example here im using 000webhost to create a site for free.Then connect to its FTP server and upload all of these files in the public_html folder.
- After uploading all files to public_html folder simply open the domain which you have linked to your Hosting.If you havent linked any domain then you will get a free domain with extension from 000webhost open it.
- WordPress setup page comes and will ask for some information like Email Address and to setup your password.Finish It.
Here The Interesting Part Begins :
- First of all go to Blogger account settings and backup your content
- Now open WordPress Site which you have linked with your hosting i linked my site with hosting now my login page will be www.atozhacks.in/wp-admin similarly it will be www.yourdomainname.extension/wp-admin
- Log Into Your WordPress And then you will be able to access your wordpress dashboard.After doing all of these you have to use a plugin to get all data from blogger to WordPress.
- After Getting into your WordPress dashboard just download and install a plugin named Blogger Importer Extended.
- After Installing the plugin click on Start
- Then It will ask you to authorize your Google account in which your blog is hosted.Authorize it
- It will display your blog name,click on it and wait some time until the export takes place.
- Thats it You are done!!
Video Tutorial On How To Migrate Blogger Blog To WordPress
- Link To Download The Plugin : Click Here
- Custom Permalink : yoursitename.com/%year%/%monthnum%/%postname%.html
I think all of you understood this article on How To Migrate Blogger Blog To WordPress.If you are totally new blogger I suggest you to start your career with Blogger and after knowing all the tips and experiencing some moments Migrate your blog to WordPress.If you have any doubts,queries,questions on this article shootout the questions in the comments section and ill reply to you guys as soon as possible.
If you’re making a tutorial then make it fully responsive… here you’ve given the steps that won’t be understood by newbees.
You mean do whole video ?
I have edited it
Thanks for sharing excellent informations. Your website is very cool. I am impressed by the details that you’ve on this website. It reveals how nicely you perceive this subject. Bookmarked this website page.
thanks for the compliment,Sharing is caring